Thursday, April 12, 2007

Knitting Patterns Cheap

Okay I finally ordered that book I have been wanting since it was published in 1998. The title is "Lace From The Attic" which is right up my alley. ( no pun intended).

The writer, found a relative's sample notebook of lace patterns..in the attic I am talking from memory as I do not have the book yet. Before we had these wonderful books, knitters and crocheters too, would learn patterns from one another and keep the swatches in a notebook.

Which brings me to my topic...Knitting Patterns on the Cheap. I rarely pay full price for any book as there are so many deals out there now. And when I had more time...you know when I was three...I would check the book out at my local library, take it home for a few days. then if I really liked it ...look for a deal to buy it.



Here is a web site that has recently come to my attention. Lots of free vintage Patterns and Pictures. http://www.agoodyarn.net/PT_Main.htmT_Main.htm
By the way this is a really good web site. I don't want to get too graphic but the word "drooling" comes to mind...

No comments: